You’ve heard of staycations, but what about date night in? It’s a fun way to keep the spark going and only requires a bit of planning. Plus, you’ll be supporting a few local businesses along the way.
Make a Plan
Just like you would a regular date night, think about what you’ll eat, drink and do for fun. Let’s start with what you’ll drink.
With resources being scarce, it may be hard to get the supplies you need to play bartender. Luckily for you, our award-winning bartenders are here to help.
- The Brickyard Downtown is serving up pre-mixed drinks like an Old Fashioned, Pimm’s Punch and Whoa Mommalade to-go. Menu
- The Hidden House is offering their popular Diddy Do It, House Rock (N Rye) and Single Serve Slaps to-go. Menu
- SanTan Brewing has all your favorites like Moon Juice and Juicy Jack available for takeout, curbside and delivery. Menu
- The Sleepy Whale has exclusive brews that have yet to cross state lines before all stocked and ready to go in their cooler. Call ahead or message them on social for delivery. Learn more
- Craft 64 has in-house brews (and wines) just waiting to be put in a growler for you. Order takeout or delivery. Website
- QuartHaus is offering brews to-go fresh off the tap or from their cooler to-go. More
- Crust Simply Italian has the vino you need available for takeout and delivery. Website
There is certainly no shortage of food options when you’re talking about Downtown Chandler. These are the restaurants offering takeout, curbside delivery and standard delivery. Hours and options may vary so it’s important to call and confirm with the business directly.
- DC Steakhouse
- Serrano’s Mexican Restaurant
- Ghett ‘Yo Taco
- Mingle + Graze
- SanTan Brewing
- Crust Simply Italian
- The Local Chandler
- The Brickyard Downtown
- The Hidden House
- Chop Shop Chandler
- Cheba Hut Chandler
- Gadzooks Enchiladas and Soup
- Sasha’s Kitchen
- El Zocalo Mexican Grille
- Eastwind Sushi
- Charm Thai
- Craft 64 Chandler
Don’t forget about coffee and dessert!
For a complete list of all businesses, click here.
Now that you have your menu planned, let’s talk about what you’ll do for fun.
- Buy to-go pottery packs from Burst of Butterflies
- Find the remaining movies on Amazon Prime, HULU or Netflix that you haven’t watched yet…this in itself could be a fun challenge
- Good old-fashioned board or card games
- Enjoy each other’s company around a fire pit or fireplace
- Take a stroll around the neighborhood
- Plan a vacation for when things return to normal. Even you don’t actually take it, it’s fun to think about booking a surf lesson in Hawaii.
Set the Mood
You’ve got your drinks and delicious meal, but it doesn’t stop there. Go the extra mile by using the fancy drink glasses and dinnerware that rarely see the light of day. Dust off the candles in the closet and use them to set the mood at the table. If you have dimmer switches, use these when working on a lighting concept. Don’t forget music in the background!
Dress the Part
Just because you’re staying at home doesn’t mean you should stay in those pajamas. Dress as you would any other date night out to show your partner you’re really committed to making this night special.
Enjoy the Night
It’s time to put those cell phones away, kids to bed and laptops down. Come up with a few conversation starters in case you hit a lull. Here a few examples:
- If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
- What’s your favorite book/movie?
- What’s your favorite childhood memory?
- What would you do with a million dollars?
- What qualities do you value most in friends?
- If you were stranded on an island and could only bring one possession and one person, who and what they be?
What are your date night in ideas? Share them in the comments below to inspire others.