Marketing & Communication Manager
CHANDLER, AZ – The Downtown Chandler Farmers Market returns to Dr. A.J. Chandler Park West on Saturday, June 6 with new summer hours. Market hours will now run from 7 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. to help beat the Arizona heat while providing an essential need for the community.
Safety precautions will also be enhanced in coordination with the guidelines set forth by the Center for Disease Control in response to COVID-19.
Guidelines for Grocery Vendors:
- Stay home if you are sick or have recently been exposed to sickness
- No cooking on site
- No sampling. All hot food must be in covered to-go containers.
- Provide sanitizing or hand washing stations for both your team and customers
- Wear masks and gloves. Gloves are to be changed after each transaction.
- Contactless payment
- Vendors will put a table or bungees across the front of their sales table
- Social distancing among vendors will be marked out on the bricks by chalk
Guidelines for Customers:
- Please maintain social distancing of 6 feet
- Please send one person instead of the whole family when possible. No pets allowed.
- Do not touch the produce or product. Allow vendor to bag what you wish to purchase.
- The use of gloves and masks is encouraged but not required
- We encourage card sales instead of cash to allow for contactless payment
- Prepared foods are to be taken off site and enjoyed elsewhere
- Produce vendors are adapting with new practices. Please follow their lead.
*Craft vendors, picnic areas, toys and games will not be available at this time
Beloved vendors include Black Orchard Farms, the Community Exchange Table, Bad Dog Salsa, AZ Queen Bee Honey, Dr. Hummus, Ginger Brick Bakery and more. A complete list of vendors can be found on https://downtownchandler.org/farmersmarket/.