Request for Proposal
Friday Night Live
Submissions are due no later
July 15, 2019 at 5:00p.m.
Mary Murphy-Bessler, Executive Director
25 S. Arizona Pl. #330
The unique experience in Downtown Chandler can be enjoyed through the town’s historic tree-lined streets, one of a kind boutique shops, outstanding cuisine, tap to tasting rooms, four breweries, art galleries and the beautiful Chandler Center for the Arts. Public art and the live music scene with over 12 stages in downtown businesses connects it all in beauty and harmony.
Who We Are
The Downtown Chandler Community Partnership (DCCP) administers the Enhanced Municipal Services District and is bordered on the north by Chandler Blvd; the south by Frye Road; the east by Delaware Street; and west through Dakota, California and Oregon Streets.
Downtown Chandler Community Partnership’s mission is to facilitate the City’s processes to make historic Downtown Chandler a viable, attractive, exciting and inviting downtown for all the community to take pride in and enjoy.
Friday Night Live in its inaugural year will run on the third Friday of the month from 6 – 9 p.m. from October – May in Downtown Chandler’s Dr. AJ Chandler Park West. The event is to showcase local and regional talent and define Downtown Chandler as the region’s premier live music scene.
The event program will include on stage live performances (opening act geared to local talent, headline act – regional performer), artisan market, local buskers (street performers). After 9pm the DCCP will be promoting the line-up of musical/performances in participating downtown business venues.
Here’s where you come in.
The DCCP is seeking a qualified festival/event/concert production firm to further develop, grow, manage, produce and finance Downtown Chandler’s Friday Night Live.
The selected firm will be expected to furnish all services necessary and appropriate to produce the event, including Appendix A.
- Company Background
- Provide an overview of your organizational chart, areas of specialization, number of years in operation, etc. Discuss range of services provided on a regional and local basis.
- Include principal name(s) Title(s), contact information address, email, phone and proposed project team who will manage and work on the event.
- Detail the experience of the proposed team and comparable events that they have been involved with.
- Proposed Budget
- Please include an event budget that details all anticipated costs and fees associated with planning and executing the event including all of the deliverables stated in Appendix A – Scope of services
- All actions and anticipated expenses should be itemized with hourly rates for services included.
*The DCCP can acquire the City of Chandler Show-wagon for $400.00 per event. The show-wagon does not include lighting or sound. The DCCP is flexible in using the show-wagon for any or all event dates and or hiring a stage company.
- Description/Vision of how you would manage and produce this event.
What the DCCP will do
- Market the event on social media and advertising platforms
- Design and distribute posters
- Permitting of event (completed)
- Management of downtown merchants
- Coordinate/manage the Artisan Market
- Coordinate the Busker Program
- Coordination with City Departments as needed
- Trash/Clean team (day of)
- Bike Police Patrol
- Budget: Negotiable
- Food vendors if applicable
The DCCP has reserved funding for this event and will negotiate with event producer on terms and conditions. We are open to revenue sharing if event producer seeks additional sponsorship funding.
The DCCP is open to separately hiring a PR firm for the media promotion of this event or you may propose this service in your scope of work.