Renowned culinary Chef, Aaron Rickel, of The Brickyard Downtown is sharing how to make his mouthwatering Tuna Tataki dish at home.
Be sure to stop by the Downtown Chandler Farmers Market on March 2 at 10 a.m. for a live demonstration in Dr. AJ Chandler Park West.
- Soy sauce – 2 cups
- Yuzu – 1 ¾ cup
- Juice of 1 orange
- Brown sugar – 1 cup
- Ryu oil – ¼ cup….can substitute sesame oil for less heat
- Ginger, minced – 4 oz
- Garlic, minced – 6 cloves
- Green onion ( whites only ) – 1 bunch
- Mirin – ½ cup
- Rice wine vinegar – ½ cup
- Bonito flake – ¼ cup
- Fish sauce – 2 tbl sp
- Miso paste ( yellow ) – 2 tbl sp
Place all ingredients into a sauce pot and bring to a simmer. Turn off heat and let steep for 30 minutes. Strain and cool.
Garnishes for tataki:
- Orange segments
- Avocado slices (seasoned with sea salt and pepper)
- Wakame (seaweed salad)
- Bean sprouts
- Scallions (sliced on the bias)
- Tuna (seasoned with togarashi and seared blue
- Rice cracker (fried and seasoned with furikake and togarashi)
- Tobiko (fish roe)
- Jalapenos (steeped in ponzu)
Tag us at @downtownchandler in your photos on Facebook and Instagram.